Thursday, March 11, 2010

8 and 6

It has been a busy last couple of weeks around here. Sadie is now 6 months old! I can hardly believe it! She is such a sweet baby and has the cutest little personality. She is a momma's girl but loves her daddy and Isaac too. Isaac and her have some weird bond or something. He is totally infatuated with her and she loves to watch him. He seems to have the special talent of always making her laugh. I took Sadie to the doctor the other day for her 6 month check up. She is 13.12 lbs. (which is below the 5th percentile) and 26" long (which is in the 50th percentile). So she is a tall skinny baby. She rolls everywhere and is now working on sitting up. She can almost do it by herself! She loves eating her cereal but is really picky about baby food. The only plain veggie she will eat is sweet potatoes, but will eat mixed vegetable blends. Her favorite baby food is applesauce, but likes most fruits so far, however she isn't a fan of pears. I have been trying to give her juice but she hasn't figured out the sippy cup yet. I tried giving her some water and juice in a bottle today because she has been constipated but she isn't a fan of the bottle. She just looks at me like I am crazy for sticking it in her mouth. She is such a sweetheart and can turn any bad mood into a smile for me! I don't know what our family would be without her!

Last Sunday I tried getting pictures of my kids and the plan was to get one of the family too. But just as I got a few pics of the kids (not very good ones though) my camera battery died. Oh well. We will try it again this Sunday (maybe). This is one of the pictures of my kids that I did get. Logan and Sadie are both grumpy!
My little Emi turned 8 on February 23rd. She was so excited to get baptized this year! She has been talking about it for a while now so when the big day came she was about jumping out of her skin. I think she was the most excited to wear her new dress that has been hanging in my closet for about 1 1/2 months and to wear her new shoes which have heels! The program was beautiful. My favorite part (besides the baptism and confirmation) was Nathan, Kenna, and Emi's song they sang. They sang "A Child's Prayer" and Nathan accompanied on the guitar. It was beautiful!! I loved it! Both Nathan's family and my family were all there. Papa and Grandpa were witnesses to the baptism and, of course, Daddy baptized her and confirmed her. We had ice cream sundae's at our house afterwards. All in all it was a great day!

Emi and Daddy


Emi in her dress.

She is such a pretty girl! (And very photogenic, which she did not get from me!)




No comments: