Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tag, I'm It!

Mindy tagged me. The rules are:
- link to the person that tagged you and put the rules on your blog
- share 7 random or weird facts about yourself
- tag 7 people at the end of the post
- let each person know they were tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

So here we go.........

1. When I eat Smarties (and I love Smarties) I can't eat them one at a time. I have to eat two at a time and since there are an odd number of Smarties in a roll, the last three get eaten at the same time.

2. I live next door to my parents and I love it! My kids love it too. Can you say babysitters? I can and do often. But I try not to take advantage of that, after all, they do have day jobs!

3. I married my best friend's (from high school) boyfriend! I know, what kind of friend am I!? Needless to say we aren't friends anymore. It's a long story. Too long for a blog.

4. I hate having pets!! We have a dog and a frog and I don't like it. My kids torture the dog, he sheds everywhere, and there is dog food all over my floor. I haven't figured out who plays with the dog food yet. The frog is just annoying because no one feeds it except for me. I am amazed it is still alive. We got it at Spud Day.

5. I am a horrible mother because I will admit that I play favorites with my kids. I don't know if they notice it but I know I do it. I don't get along well with one of them because our personalities are so different. Don't ask me which one is my favorite and which one I don't get along with because I won't tell. Although, some days the favorite changes.

6. I HATE camping. I know!! I came from a family that camped every weekend starting in May and lasting through October. We fished and waterskied and I hate fishing and I don't waterski. I am the oddball in my family and in Nathan's family. Except, in Nathan's family, Mandy doesn't ski either. I can't stand the bugs, dirt, not having all of my clothes to choose from in morning, not showering. I hate seeing my kids get so dirty. It drives me crazy!! I don't know what happened because when I was younger I loved it and now I avoid it at all costs. I go once a summer and that is it!

7. I love being pregnant. Most women hate the pregnancy part of babies but I love it! It is so amazing to be able to carry a baby. I don't get morning sickness but I do get some of the uncomfortable symptoms like headaches, heartburn (water gives me heartburn when I'm preggo), twice I've had gestational diabetes, and I have to have c-sections. But even with the bad stuff, I love it! What can I say, I am a glutton for punishment!! I guess the weird thing is, I don't mind having c-sections. My doctor schedules them 2 weeks early and my last one was so easy that even I was amazed! I had McKenna naturally and the other 3 were cesareans and I would have to say that McKenna's was the hardest to recover from. I do miss holding the baby as soon as he/she comes out. I don't get to hold them for about an hour after they are born.

Wow, that was hard. I am not gonna tag 7 people because alot of the people I link to have already done this tag. I've only got 5, I tag:

hayley (you'd better do it!)
monika
amy hunter
kim
christa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, although you should have added you dont let your kids carve pumpkins!! ha, I really can't believe you deprive your children, but come to think about it, I dont ever remember carving pumpkins, so maybe I didn't get to either, The only year I remember was Oct of '06, now I LOVE to do it!!

Hayley said...

haha! I don't think i do tags! maybe if i'm super bored one night i'll do it! But don't count on it!! It's so funny how different you sound when you put it into words! Seriously i knew all of those things about you, but it's so different reading what you write about yourself! It's kind of hilarious!!!